Lithium is the smallest stable on earth. Lithium Silicate has one SiO2 molecule is attached to a Lithium atom. Hence the number of silicate bonds in Lithium silicate is higher. As the molecular size of Lithium Silicate is smaller when compared to Potassium Silicate or Sodium Silicate, they end up to be better silicate based densifier for concrete surfaces. They penetrate few millimeters into the concrete and react with calcium hydroxide to form calcium silicate, which settles in the concrete’s pores, seals it and makes the surface more strong, dense, durable and resistant to stains. The concrete surface which has been densified with Lithium Silicate has the best gloss and is smooth in appearance.
Though Lithium Silicate is slightly more expensive than other silicates, it is a better option to use as -
· It is easy and faster to densify surfaces with LiSiO2
· Strengthens the concrete surface and makes it abrasion resistant, water-resistant, smooth and glossy. Hence it is best for decorative flooring.
· Lithium Silicate bonds well concrete surfaces hence reduces porosity and the dust formation.
· Lithium Silicate has low pH, hence is less alkaline. More reactive as number of silicate bonds are more.
· Lithium silicate is less soluble when dried hence densifies and seals the surface in one application.
· Higher flash point, safer to store and transport.
· Increases the life of the concrete.
· Lithium Silicate is used in paints and as anti-corrosive coatings
· Leaves less residue and so pocket friendly
· Environment Friendly
· Potassium Silicate has large molecular size, hence they are a better option for more porous or weaker concrete surfaces. but give a duller sheen.
· Sodium Silicate has largest molecular size but Sodium is detrimental to the concrete. It increases the pH of the concrete, which leads to crack formation in long run.
Xetex Industries Private Limited, India, manufactures a wide range of SILICATES. Our product is concentrated and needs to be diluted 2-3 times with water before use. Hence it is economical and easily transported.
We also manufacture Potassium Lithium Silicate, Sodium Potassium Lithium Silicate, Potassium Silicate for various industries.
We have a wide range of products –Microsilica, Nanosilica, Colloidal Silica, Polypropylene Fibers, Admixtures, Curing Compounds, Hardeners Sealers, Densifiers for construction and other specialty industry.